The Beginning

Monday 10th June 2019


I have been thinking about beginning this blog for a couple of weeks now and as you can see it has taken me a month to publish it,  I have been writing my thoughts down over the past month which is why you will notice random dates! I don’t quite know where to start if I am honest however I thought it would be right to introduce the blog first. I decided if my diagnosis was to be Lymphoma, whom will be called Larry hence the name of the blog, that I would start a blog for several reasons. Firstly, I thought it would be therapeutic to document my journey and release my feelings. Secondly, to keep my mind busy and my brain working and lastly, I wanted to help others going through their journey and to read this blog and hopefully take something away from this, if I help one person then I will be pleased. 

In the lead up to my diagnosis, I read a few blogs about people dealing with cancer and honestly, it was difficult and upsetting to read. I read numerous posts about how difficult chemotherapy is and how poorly it makes you feel and when you know you are going to be going through a similar experience, it is not what I needed. Therefore I would like to try and keep this blog optimistic and honest. I originally was going to use the words positive and happy however I am acutely aware this is going to be a difficult journey and thus I may not always be positive. I would like to continue to be optimistic in my blog and also honest about my struggles too. Some days I may feel positive and upbeat where as others I may feel sad and poorly, this blog will reflect my feelings and my journey. 

Funny enough after all I have just said, my motto is positive mind-set = positive outcome. I feel if I continue to be positive that it will make my journey positive, that’s the aim! I want my blog to be an open place and for anyone going through this struggle or supporting a close one through their struggle that I am here to talk and help people in their journey too. 

Thank you for reading my first blog post. 

Laura x 

Comments

  1. Beverly & Brian25 July 2019 at 08:19

    You know we understand Laura and will be with you every step of the way. You will do it because you are you. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you lots of positive thoughts. πŸ’œπŸ’œ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment