Cancer, I hate you

Cancer, I hate you...

I hate you for taking away my sense of normal,
I hate you for taking away my social life and that I can't go out with my friends care-free and drink and dance,
I hate you taking away my routine, my ability to go to work and enjoy life,
I hate you for taking away my long brown hair,
I hate you that I don't like who I see in the mirror and every day is a struggle,
I hate you for causing anxiety, for the fear of constantly worrying what each pain and symptom mean,
I hate you for causing pain and upset to my family, boyfriend and friends.

Cancer, I thank you...

I thank you for giving me a new perspective on life,
I thank you for showing me who my real friends and family are,
I thank you for showing me who will always be there,
I thank you for showing me that life is too short and life should not be taken for granted,
I thank you for showing me the world's kindness and how truly amazing people can be in times of adversity,
I thank you for allowing me to meet new amazing girls who are going through this rollercoaster journey,
I thank you for making me more motivated to change parts of my life and become a better version of myself,
I thank you for giving me a new outlook on the future and making me want to work harder.

Laura x

Comments